1 bunch of silverbeet thinly sliced
4 small onions finely diced/grated
half a cup of olive oil
half a teaspoon of salt
2-3 tablespoons sumac
6 sheets all butter puff pastry
- In a large bowl combine the silverbeet, onions, lemon juice, oil, salt and sumac and mix well.
- Allow to drain for a few hours. You want the filling to be dry so you get a nice crispy pastry. If the filling is too wet the pastry will go soggy and open up.
- Cut your puff pastry into 4 squares.
- Add the filling mixture to the centre and fold over and pinch together to close.
- Bake in a 160 degree oven until golden.
Optional: If you are a chilli lover, chilli flakes or a finely diced red chilli goes really well in the mixture.