- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3L of water
- 1 large bunch of silverbeet, chopped in small pieces
- 2.5 cups cabbage, chopped fine
- 4 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 3 celery sticks, cut into small pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 brown onion, diced fine
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- 250g Mount Zero soup mix
- 1 tbsp of vegetable or chicken stock powder
- Sea salt to flavour
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion, carrots and celery and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the water, tomato paste and stock to the pot as well as the remaining vegetables.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 1-2 hours. The longer you simmer, the deeper the flavour!
- Add the soup mix towards the end, allowing it to cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- You may add more stock/salt as per your preference of taste.
- This recipe is high in fibre and very nutrient dense!
- You can add bone/chicken broth also in order to give your immune system a boost and add in extra protein.
- Feel free to add any other vegetable you may desire and adjust the water quantity as needed.